6.03.2007

Perspectives

A visit to my college's website this evening eventually led me to visit the "best visual illusion of the year contest" website. As a quasi cognitive scientist, I have attended many lectures on the perception of our visual system, but I have to admit that I wish that more of those lectures involved visual illusions -- they're so much fun!

Here's this year's first-place visual illusion winner: The Leaning Tower Illusion.

One of the ways that we can learn about how our visual system works is by finding out what we can do to trick it. In fact, a lot of the good studies in biology and psychology involve trickery. Perhaps that's why I am so intrigued by the research in those subjects. ;)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

I actually had just seen this moillusions site on BoingBoing not too long ago, I think they have like over 1000 different illusions there.

6/04/2007 11:43 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

That's a pretty cool site! I like that they have a golden retriever photo that was recently posted. :)

6/05/2007 9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home