1.18.2006

Beyond the web

"Are my stories true, you ask? No, they are imaginary tales, containing fantastic characters and events. In real life, a family doesn't have a child who looks like a mouse; in real life, a spider doesn't spin words in her web. In real life, a swan doesn't blow a trumpet. But real life is only one kind of life; there is also the life of the imagination. And although my stories are imaginary, I like to think that there is some truth in them, too: truth about the way people and animals feel and think and act. "
~E.B. White (1899-1985)

Well, thanks to an interesting e-mail listserv I'm on, I discovered a new fun piece of writing by E.B. White. It's very whimsical and amusing, at least to me. :)

Here it is: Song of the Queen Bee

2 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

Aww I love it! Can you find a "song of the house wren" now for me? ;-)

1/18/2006 12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that's awesome!

E.B. White rocks. hehehehe

~jen

1/19/2006 12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home