12.05.2005

Integrating by parts

Here are a bunch of quick and random thoughts from my life:

1. I greatly enjoy talking with people who I haven’t talked with for at least several (6-7) months. This happened to me four times this weekend.

2. Ear plugs are a wonderful invention. They are especially useful when: a) you are playing bells in a space where the sound bounces back and forth right by your head and b) your director asks you to play fortissimo at all times.

3. I want a robotic vacuum. A compsci friend (a.k.a. geek) in my program has convinced me that these are really cool. I actually believe him.

4. Sunday nights are always agonizing. There’s nothing bad about Mondays, but switching back into the work week must require some major change of mindset for me, because ever since midway through college I spend hours almost every Sunday night just thinking (obsessing) about stuff. It may be necessary for some odd reason, but I think it’s fundamentally unhealthy.

5. Writing a letter of both recommendation and gratitude for a Bucknell math professor I had is extremely difficult. It’s difficult because I have a hard time imagining how college would have gone without his advice, guidance, and friendship. The 1100-word letter I turned in last night seems like such a feeble attempt, but it’s the best I can do.

6. I will never truly decide what I’m looking for in life until I find it. If that happens.

7. Hearing guys gush about falling in love is incredibly cute. It’s even cuter when they are nerds who have recently proposed/gotten married to other nerds. This gives me hope.

8. Many people like to embarrass me. I just hope that I can get revenge someday. :)

9. Three guys from my freshman hall are married now. All I can say is…wow. My main memories of them involve them playing networked Quake games and making up weird rules of punishment for each other (I closed the door to my dorm room and hid during such events).

10. I am excited to go home for Christmas. Is it December 25th yet?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katie's coming home Katie's coming home Katie's coming home! Can you say Settlers? ;-)

And I would just like to say that while many would embarass you, I never... well, um, I do have a lovely picture of you from last Christmas. Shall we just say it involves a red sweatshirt? :)

12/06/2005 12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home