3.01.2006

Remember THREE.

I’ve always liked the number 3. But today I’m especially fond of it:

First, I just found out today that I’ll be attending 3 weddings this summer/early fall. Two of my friends just set their date yesterday, and I’m so excited.

Second, I just found out today that I’ll be seeing 3 friends this weekend. Well, technically I’ll be seeing more than 3 friends over the course of the weekend. But these three people (2 former profs/friends, 1 non-prof friend) in particular I haven’t seen in a long long time. The last time I saw one of them was May 19, 2002. That’s a long time ago!! :)

Third, today is officially the start of Lent, so I’m thinking a bit more about the number 3 in the context of the Trinity.

I always thought that the number 3 sounded pretty small. But today I’m struck by the notion that the number 3 can sometimes seem pretty large. Yep, pretty large indeed. Today, 3 is definitely large enough to fill me with excitement. Or maybe 3 just seems especially large today because this morning my officemates and I had a stimulating discussion about yoctoseconds. :)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

THREE! Oh, if only Phil knew how far that would go... LOL

3/02/2006 11:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, three is a truly amazing number. Greater than two. Less than four. It blows my mind.

3/06/2006 7:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm the third comment!

--Lisa

3/06/2006 7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess that means you don't want to hear about my friends' made-up quadrolic faith, eh? :)

The joke was that if you take any word, count the letters, then count the letters in that number (and so on), eventually you'll always get to four ... so the closer to four-ness one is, the closer one is to perfection. Apparently quadrolicism only works as a made-up faith in English, though. ;)

Hope you had a good weekend! Rent this week? :)

3/07/2006 9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm... quadrolic faith...

"I" = 1 letter
one = 3 letters
three = 5 letters
five = 4 letters
four = 4 letters

"supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" = 34 (letters)
"Thirty four" = 10 letters
ten = 3 leters
three = 5 letters
five = 4 letters
four = 4 letters

Interesting!

3/12/2006 9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home