2.06.2006

Wormholes

Ever have an experience that suddenly transports you to a different time? To a different place? I had one of those experiences yesterday.

I was sitting in mass, listening to the readings and totally oblivious to the time travel that I was about to experience. The Catholic Church operates on a three-year cycle of readings for mass. Therefore, yesterday's readings were identical to the readings of a sunday in February of 2003. Partway through one of the readings (that I've actually read many times in the last few years), I thought "Hm, why does this sound so familiar?" And suddenly it dawned on me that I last heard it spoken three years ago.

And whoosh -- all of a sudden I was transported back in time to that mass. It was weird. I can remember where I was sitting, the general gist of a song we sung, my reaction to the homily that day, the confused and concerned glances of a friend I was with, and my general lack of trust in myself and God that day. What's weird is just how vividly that memory returned to me. I was really surprised.

This has led me to believe that there may in fact be wormholes in the fabric of the universe. Weirdo. :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Ever have an experience that suddenly transports you to a different time? To a different place?"

No.

2/07/2006 9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny... that happens to me fairly regularly.

What's weird is when I think to myself, "This reminds me of a dream I once had..."

2/08/2006 9:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have had moments like that, except in reverse, almost like seeing the future in my dreams. Then when it happens, I think "I've seen this before. It's deja vu all over again!

When I broke my arm (both bones in my wrist, when I was 8) I wasn't scared because I had already seen it happen and it didn't hurt then. And one morning in the high school band room I had about 15 minutes of "I remember this! ... now that guy's going to walk across the room and talk to that girl. And so-and-so is going to start spouting nonsense..."

2/11/2006 10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home