2.14.2006

The obligatory post

In honor of Valentine's Day, here is my favorite cartoon, from PhD comics:

The true meaning of Valentine's Day

By the way, if you're a grad student, you should definitely be reading "Piled Higher & Deeper." If you need to be convinced, check out the some of the fan favorites under the "New to PhD?" section on the lower left corner of the screen.

And now, time for an amusing story (at least some of you who know me will think it's funny). I met up with one of my guy friends at a dance last week. He decided that he really wanted to set me up with one of his friends, and started going over all of the reasons why it might be a good idea. After hearing enough to think that it wasn't going to work out long-term anyway, I declined the offer. But he kept trying to persuade me.

Finally he said "Come on, Katie. Just think, it will give you someone to..." he paused, searching for just the right word "...analyze."

Heehee. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

Happy Singleness Appreciation Day Katie! Hooray for being single! :-)

2/15/2006 1:53 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Thanks Linds! Since today is the 15th, happy Chocolate-Is-On-Sale day! :)

2/15/2006 2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home