4.06.2006

Seeking advice?...

...just ask a bee.

The Onion articles for this week were super-hilarious, but I chose to post this advice column from 1997. Yeah, I'm sortof biased. :)

It's funny that I'm reading about bees giving advice only an hour before I get lots of advice about bees. Maybe it'll help me keep an open mind during my meeting. If nothing else, it's making me laugh. And I've decided to include part of the article in my presentation. My committee members will appreciate it. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

Hey Jason,

Gasp! You've been avoiding honey? That definitely needs to change. :)

Do you have the reference for that nutrition article you read? I'd like to hear what they have to say.

Honeybees use honey as a source of carbohydrates over the long winter when they are unable to collect other food. Just because bees use it doesn't mean that it's not good for humans, though. Humans have been keeping bees and eating honey since at least 2000 BC (some sources suggest as early as 7000 BC). Besides, a little plant juice and bee spit seems fairly harmless. :)

Honey is a source of unrefined sugars/carbohydrates. It also contains trace amounts of various vitamins and minerals and antioxidants. Therefore, it's probably a bit more "natural" for your body than, say, white cane sugar. But sugar is sugar, and should be taken in moderation.

For lots of fun info about honey, including nutritional info, I suggest checking out www.honey.com

I don't actually study the nutritional value of honey. But, I have a teaspoon of it every morning with tea, and I haven't keeled over yet! ;)

4/11/2006 10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home