10.20.2006

Georgia on my mind

I'm currently making travel plans to go visit some relatives later this year, and I'm excited. How long has it been since I've seen these family members? Well...too long, honestly. It seems that we only get together for funerals and (some) weddings. It'll be nice to just visit with them -- just a regular visit, like people do. And it'll be great to see my cousins again, many of whom are going through the always-interesting process called College. Plus, I'm definitely up for a trip to Georgia during the winter. :)

Besides that, I've been toying around with a new project idea: taking one picture every day for a year. Thanks to Tina for the idea/link. I plan to start sometime this weekend (gotta change the batteries in my currently s-l-o-w digital camera first). I'm hoping that this project will help me accomplish the following: pyschologically tricking myself into being mindful of the passage of time, capturing events without me having to necessarily write about them in my journal (a picture says 1000 words, right?), and being more aware of the beauty/detail in my life each day.

Photography is an art; life is an art. Combining the two will definitely be an art.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for trips to warm places to see cool people! :)

I'm glad you liked the photo project link! I'm planning to do it, too. I was going to start Tuesday, though -- make it a narrative of my 26th year. :)

10/21/2006 3:52 PM  
Blogger Yi said...

The photo project sounds like such a great idea... I would definately do it if I have a digital camera :)

10/23/2006 9:32 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

I've been thinking about doing the photo project too ever since seeing it on Tina's blog. Although I was thinking of maybe starting with Jan 1...

10/24/2006 2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home