10.09.2005

A blizzard of white

Penn State won yesterday! In the words of a sports illustrated writer, "Paterno could walk away tomorrow comfortable in the knowledge that Happy Valley is hip again." Hehe...come on. When wasn't Happy Valley hip? ;) I only got to watch the last quarter of the game, but maybe that's a good thing, because I was soooo tense. I don't think I've ever been that excited about any non-olympic sporting event...ever. :) My dear friend who let me watch the game's ESPN coverage at her apartment seemed a bit surprised, but she handled it and me quite well (by offering me candy and assuring me that PSU defense wasn't going to let silly OSU score a touchdown).

I'm also happy that my town didn't riot -- supposedly there was a police helicopter hovering over the town, just in case. Hehe...I suppose there was a great potential for disaster when 109,839 (!!) fans pour out of a stadium at 11 at night (after partying all day, of course).

Jay Leno was hilarious as usual. He talked about his wacky italian family, the craziness of Los Angelos ("the only place where you can be both held at gunpoint and eaten by a mountain lion in a single day"), how women love some characteristics of cats but hate those very same ones in men, the occupations of several audience members, and his favorite topic, America's obsession with food. In reference to the fact that Dairy Queen now has a blizzard with chunks of cheesecake, he commented "cheesecake is now merely an INGREDIENT!" And Domino's double-decker pizza? "Hm, what topping would I like for my pizza? I know! How about...another pizza!"

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2185823

10/09/2005 8:02 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Yay Penn State!!!

10/10/2005 8:02 AM  
Blogger MattyA said...

PSU is back! I was just thinking how sad it is that I have nobody to share this moment with. Hungarians really don't follow college football. Then I checked your blog - it made my day to hear that you're just as excited as I am. Here's to transplanted Lion fans!

10/11/2005 2:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home