10.03.2005

Autumn Leaves

Some small but fun things I am looking forward to this month:

1. Jay Leno! He's coming to MSU this saturday and I'm going to hear him speak. I can't wait to hear the jokes about Michigan (both the school and the state), MSU, and the Lansing area. If only he would do his "headlines" segment...

2. Penn State football! Now, I don't really follow any sports or sports teams...but Penn State football is the exception. So far they are 5-0, which is (sadly) their longest winning streak in a season since my freshman year at Bucknell. I can't wait to see them cream OSU this weekend. ;)

3. Autumn activities. My roomie and I want to get to Uncle John's cider mill -- this great place nearby that makes apple cider, good fruit wines, yummy pastries, and grows and sells lots of pumpkins.

4. Nerdy math music: Sometime this month, the Klein Four Group will release their first cd. If you want to get a feel for their music, go to their website, click on media, then performances, and then on their hit "Finite Simple Group (of order 2)." I personally can't wait to hear their "Ballad of Galois."

That's about it for now. I'd say that I am looking forward to candy, but I'm still digesting a huge meal prepared by a friend last night, so maybe I'll post about that later. :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Yi said...

5. Going to see "Proof" with me, hopefully, they don't make us wait any longer... and eat all the chocolate our stomachs can handle :)

10/04/2005 8:52 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Good call, Yi! I can't wait!

10/04/2005 9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Cream OSU" huh? Ha ha ha, we'll see, we'll see. And doesn't OSU play against MSU next weekend?

Well, I don't really mind what happens, I'm looking forward to this Saturday because it's not a home-game so I can go to school and study! Yay! :P

10/05/2005 10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay Penn State!!! Even pitiful IU wasn't doing too badly until last week. Craziness.

10/06/2005 11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home