10.22.2005

Happiness!

Well, I'm very happy that it's a saturday today. I got a decent amount of sleep last night, I had fun at piano lessons this morning, and I'm looking forward to watching the PSU game and going salsa dancing tonight.

And I sat down at my computer to update my blog, but I can't really think of anything to say. Oh yes, except that I found myself in an out-of-the-ordinary setting yesterday, and I enjoyed myself (which was sortof surprising). Basically, I went to a happy hour and had a fun time, even though drinking and inhaling smoke is not really my thing (I wasn't actually drinking or smoking, just around people who were). I think that I enjoyed it because it was different, if that makes any sense. I got to chat with people who are quite different than a lot of my friends and I felt like I once again saw a perspective on life that I haven't been exposed to much since college. Why do I care that I re-discovered this perspective? I'm not sure, although I have some theories.

So that's all for now. :) If anyone has suggestions of things I should write about, let me know. Otherwise, you might end up with a poem about chocolate or an ode to Rachmaninoff or something like that. :)

7 Comments:

Blogger Yi said...

Katie! Here is a poem about Chocolate for you :)

Mmmm... Chocolate!!!

Here I sit, eating chocolate chips.
To quit eating chocolate, I need more than tips.
There are so many kinds of chocolate, it's hard to choose.
No matter which one you pick, you just can't lose.

There is milk chocolate, sweet chocolate, and semi-sweet.
I really like dark chocolate! It's such a treat!!!
There is also mint chocolate & white chocolate -- I'm not through!
There is cereal, cake, cookies, candy, pudding, pie & ice cream too.

Chocolate tastes so rich, and sweet, and sometimes smooth.
It can help make you feel better, or help your heartache sooth.
There are many chocolate drinks. Have some, just for fun --
cappuccino, chocolate milk, mocha & cocoa -- try more than one!

Is chocolate as good as a hug, or a pat on the back?
What if I'm out of chocolate, when I have my next attack??!!
I could just imagine that I'm eating chocolate, I suppose.
If I eat lots of chocolate all day long, would I overdose?

Where would I go... what would I ever do... without chocolate?
Nothing can compare. Not even one word rhymes with chocolate!
Do I take it for granted that I can always get more?
I could eat chocolate candies, by the score!

Is chocolate something to fear -- is it really a curse?
Is it something to be avoided, or is it much worse?
Or... is chocolate the eighth wonder? Is it a total delight?
Something you savor for so long? Or love with all your might?

10/22/2005 5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rachmaninoff! Oh how I love to hear
The stirring sounds of his great symphonies,
And his concertos put my heart at ease;
Yes, all his music I do hold quite dear.
I love him more than Beethoven or Bach,
And Grieg, Tchaikovsky, Dvorak, all sound flat--
And Mozart? I've got better taste than that--
Rachmaninoff? Well he, quite simply, rocks.
I'll practice all his music night and day;
I like his music more than chocolate;
Other composers sound like screeching cats;
To play his music--that's for what I pray.
Oh you may think I'm crazy; you may laugh:
Greater than Spidey is Rachmaninoff.

10/23/2005 11:58 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Oh my gosh!!! You gals are AWESOME!!! :)

I definitely need to print those out and hang them up somewhere!

10/23/2005 1:10 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

I don't know if it is awesome or scary that Katie mentions poems about chocolate and Rachmaninoff and with 24 hours her friends deliver both... ;-)

10/24/2005 3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FYI, (because I had one too many ethics class in grad school), the chocolate poem is copyrighted to Kay L Sullivan, & was originally written September 29, 1998.

10/26/2005 12:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katie went to a Happy Hour? Steve got in a bar fight. Who are you people?

10/26/2005 12:58 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Hill, I definitely need to hear more about Steve's bar fight. I still can picture him dancing crazily everytime I listen to "It's Raining Men." :)

10/26/2005 5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home