5.03.2006

Pinnacle?

A few more random thoughts. For some reason lately, most of my thoughts seem to be random. But that's okay, especially because most of these are purely silly random thoughts. :)

- I still occasionally miss college, but what spurs that reaction is different almost every time. Yesterday, I grabbed the mini-whiteboard that I keep in my office desk so that I could sketch out some research ideas. That whiteboard was the very one that I hung on my dorm room in all four years at college. Seeing it again made me miss the random (and sometimes hilariously bizzare) notes that friends would leave for me after a long day out at classes and activities.

- The flowery trees on campus are in full bloom. Whenever I go out for a walk, I'm almost overwhelmed by the fragrance. It's pretty nice. :)

- For my geeky friends: An Automatic CS Paper Generator. I wish that writing a paper were that easy!

- Curiosity overwhelmed me yesterday, and I finally looked up the lyrics to the chorus (O Fortuna) of Carl Orff's Carmina Burana. O Fortuna is that powerful song that's played in the backgroud of many battle scenes in movies. Anyway, I was surprised by the dark nature of the lyrics. I can imagine them being spoken by a warlord. :) Apparently the Trans-Siberian Orchestra has done a heavy metal/rock version of O Fortuna -- I need to find and listen to a copy of that.

- When I act uncharacteristically, I can't decide if it's good or bad.

- I'm finally having my brain scanned! :) Some of you might claim that this is long overdue. But yep, a researcher on my hall is running an fMRI study, and I volunteered to participate. I'm curious to see if I'll feel freaked out by the fMRI machine...guess I'll find out later today.

- Trying to walk at a steady pace while humming a song with a 7/8 time signature just doesn't work well. :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you on that last one! I'm guessing that's a Jane song--there aren't too many opportunities to hear things in 7/8. Sometimes Adam and I miss all of Jane's odd meters; but we miss you all even more!
Charlotte

5/03/2006 10:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooooh, i LOVE Carmina Burana! Junior year of high school i played piccolo for a production of it and fell in love with it. I then got the cd which, happily, had the entire opera translated in the jacket. That's cool about the Trans-Siberian orchestra.. i'm on a mission to find that now. hehehe.

5/08/2006 5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home