10.26.2006

Efficient wisdom

Some really powerful quotes that I have run across in the past week:

In honor of hope:

"Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible."
~St. Francis of Assisi


In honor of procrastination:
"The era of procrastination, of half-measures, of soothing and baffling expedients, of delays, is coming to a close. In its place, we are entering a period of consequences."
~Winston Churchill

In honor of politics:
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it."
~Upton Sinclair

In honor of singlehood: (Background story: my brother, for years, has insisted that he can't wait until I get married because he wants to pull "the biggest prank EVER" on me on my wedding day)
"You go make my dream come true."
~My brother

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice quotes..

Though I think I'd be petrified of ever getting married if my brother said something like that to me. hehehe.

10/26/2006 1:39 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Oh, I am. But I don't intend to let it dissuade me, either. ;)

10/26/2006 2:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eh, I wouldn't worry too much. He'll probably just ask to make a toast at the reception and then proceed to give your new husband all the instructions he needs to make you a good, obedient housewife. ;-)

10/27/2006 10:42 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

lol...you're probably right. That should be interesting. :)

10/29/2006 10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home