5.17.2006

Office space

When I’m a professor and have my own office, these are things that I want to have in the office:

Lots of honey for my morning tea
A comfy, spinny chair
An east or south-facing window
A cd player/radio with good speakers (my bro can help with that)
My cd collection
Pictures of family and friends
A chess set – I’ll be playing a long-term chess game with some other nerd in my department
A golden retriever
Plants/flowers
A huge whiteboard and lots of colorful markers
A papasan chair for students to use when they come in for office hours
A view of a pretty area of campus
A marimba and/or vibraphone and/or digital piano
A trampoline
One of those huge exercise ball things
A water gun (fully loaded, of course)
A drawer devoted to holding a candy stash (my Dad seriously has one of these in his office!)

Yeah…I’ll get lots of work done, won’t I? :)

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emphasis on "space". :)

5/18/2006 7:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoops, that was me.

NC

5/18/2006 7:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll come and visit you just to be in such a well-equipped office!
Charlotte
<><

5/18/2006 8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You forgot the cover sheet for the TPS report. Did you get the memo?

5/18/2006 9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And what about the red stapler?

5/18/2006 4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's going to be one HUGE office! But no handbell table?

Adam R

5/18/2006 5:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about a recliner or bed to take naps in? =)

5/18/2006 7:53 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

lol guys...

A handbell table would be an intriguing idea. I haven't yet tried solo ringing, but it could be a nice project for the office. ;)

But there's no way I'll include a bed or recliner for naps -- I need to get SOME work done, after all. :)

5/19/2006 10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, you would need an office with a yard. That way, you would have a place for the golden retriever to play. And then you could have a garden too... wait, this is starting to sound more like a house than an office. :-D

5/19/2006 3:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to take it upon myself to email your requirements to every reputable university in the developed world. I'm sure there is one out there with an empty office like that. And they'll just be itching to get you in there.
Then again, maybe we'll have to look outside the developed world.
The Kiwi

5/19/2006 7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home